What Zerust® norust Protects
Zerust will protect Aluminum, Brass, Copper, Iron, Nickel, and Steel These capsules/plastabs exceed federal test method requirements, and have proven themselves in the industrial setting in over 40 countries worldwide. Use these capsules to protect household items while in storage enclosures such as lawnmowers, snow blowers, outboard motors, motorcycles, garden tools, toolbox contents, tackle box contents, firearms, coin collections etc.
How Zerust® norust Works
These patented capsules/plastabs contain proprietary Zerust VCI (Vapor Corrosion Inhibitor) formulation that is designed to protect metal surfaces from surface rust/corrosion while within an enclosure. When a capsule/plastab is removed from its packaging and placed in an enclosure, it begins to emit an invisible, odorless, non-toxic vapor (cleared by the FDA), which diffuses throughout the surrounding atmosphere until the air is saturated. The Zerust vapor molecules will cling to metal surfaces and protect them from rust and corrosion until the metal object being protected is removed from the enclosure. After removal, the Zerust VCI molecules will automatically vaporize from the metal object leaving it clean, dry and corrosion free.
Easy Installation and Use
Zerust norust Vapor Capsules are easily and simply installed in a matter of seconds, requiring no tools or specialized labor. It is important, however, to follow the guidelines below:
Zerust norust Vapor Capsules work best within enclosures that limit, but do not necessarily exclude, air exchange with the outside atmosphere. Good examples of enclosures are all types of cabinets, fishing boxes, and toolboxes.
Radius of Protection
Each Zerust norust Vapor Capsule/Plastab has a specific distance around it in which the corrosion protection is provided.
This is referred to as the "radius of protection" and is designated in feet. Make sure that all metal surfaces to be protected are within the range of the specified "radius of protection': If not, additional Vapor Capsules should be used to cover all sections of the area to be protected.
Positioning of Capsule
The key consideration is that the closer the capsule is to the metal surface, the better the protection. When in doubt about the total area protected, add an additional capsule/plastab or two to your installation. Full protection is achieved when the air in an enclosure is fully saturated with Zerust vapor molecules. Therefore, by adding more capsules/plastabs, this saturation point is reached more quickly. There is no way to over protect, and the Zerust vapors will cause no damage.
• Zerust® norust Vapor Capsules can be used in any environment without measurable chemical interaction. There is no likelihood that the vapors will enhance explosion or react with industrial or marine atmospheres to create any by-products. Surfaces exposed to Zerust vapors do not exhibit any measurable changes in their electrical, mechanical or chemical properties.
• Do not install Capsules where they will come in contact with bulk water from time to time or may be submerged.
• Zerust® norust Vapor Capsules will not provide protection from corrosion caused by direct contact of the metal with acids, water, etc.
• Over an extended period of time, Zerust norust Vapor Capsules will "yellow" paper. Do not use in proximity to antique books, valuable documents, etc.
• Because Zerust® norust cannot anticipate or control the many different conditions under which this product may be used, no warranty, express or implied, is made except that the product conforms to Zerust specifications. The buyer/user assumes all risk of use, storage and handling of this product. Zerust will not be responsible for consequential damages.
• Zerust® norust Vapor Capsules must not be disassembled to expose the contents or destroyed. In case of accidental ingestion give water and induce vomiting. Seek the help of a physician immediately. Contains Sodium Nitrite.