For Doors 1-3/4" Thick
Door shoes are used to seal the area under
a door with minimal affect on the appearance of the face of the door. In
addition to sealing the gap under the door, door shoes are often used to provide
protection for the bottom of the door. Door shoes consist of an aluminum channel
with a flexible vinyl insert.
Door Shoe U-Shaped, Seals Against Air, Dust, Water And Sound.
Channels are punched with elongated slots for
Door sweeps are provided with stainless steel fasteners.
1. Measure, mark and trim door bottom shoe to full width of door. Trim seal
1/16” longer than trimmed door shoe at each end. Crimp ends to secure
2. Notch both ends to clear stops.
3. Slide door bottom shoe in place and close door. Position so that it makes
light even contact with the threshold. Mark door in center of slotted holes.
4. Drill pilot holes in door at marks.
5. Secure door bottom shoe to door with supplied screws. Adjust to ensure light
even contact with threshold.