- For Fabricating Almost Invisible Smoke Curtains from 1/2" (12 mm) Glass
- Glass is Mechanically Secured With Fasteners and Grommets
- Custom Drilling, Mitering, and Cutting Services Available
CRL Smoke Baffle Aluminum Base Shoe is designed to provide an almost invisible 1/2 inch (12 millimeter) tempered glass smoke curtain. Many of today’s fire codes require large offices or retail areas to be broken down into smaller, more manageable areas that can be monitored by smoke detectors. This is the specific application for smoke baffles or curtains. Smoke curtains work to retain smoke in a specific area of a specified square footage. Some sprinkler systems are activated by a smoke alarm, so sectioning off areas through the use of smoke curtains can prevent unnecessary sprinkler activation. Extruded aluminum Smoke Baffle Base Shoe simply attaches to the ceiling structure so the glass can hang straight down. The glass is secured with screws going through nylon grommets that fit into 3/4 inch (19 millimeter) holes drilled in the glass on 12 inch (305 millimeter) centers. A glass fabrication template is included. Cladding in five architectural finishes.
- Glass Attachment: Requires 3/4 in. (19 mm) Holes
- Length: Custom
- Ceiling Attachment: Requires 1/4 in. (6.3 mm) Flat Head Fasteners Every Foot
- Color: Dark Bronze