Excellent Primerless Adhesion to Glass for a Waterproof Seal
Harmless to Fish When Fully Cured
Clear Aquarium Silicone Sealant is a medium modulus,
one component, acetic cure silicone recommended specifically for the fabrication
and repair of fresh or salt water aquariums. It forms a tough waterproof seal
that won't crack or shrink, and is non-toxic to fish when fully cured after 7 to
14 days. Cure time depends on bead size and cure conditions.
The vinegar-like odor present during application is acetic acid and will
disappear as material cures.
Contents of Cartridge : 10.2 fl oz
How to Apply Clear Aquarium Silicone Sealant:
1. Surfaces to be sealed must be PERFECTLY CLEAN before applying sealant. Contaminants on glass surface will affect bond and may lead to leaks or total failure. Resealed aquariums or reusing of glass panels may present adhesion problems if extreme care isn't followed to clean glass.
2. Apply between glass edges and as a fillet bead,1/4 inch (6.35 millimeters) minimum, to gain maximum bond strength and structural integrity.
3. Maintain a permanent structural frame around the edges of tanks larger than 30 gallons to ensure integrity of tank and seals.
4. Make certain all of the sealant is FULLY CURED before filling the tank, otherwise damage to structural integrity or injury to fish is possible. Normal sealant cure will be 7-14 days depending on bead size and cure conditions (hot and humid is best). For unsupported tanks (30 gallons or less) the glass must be supported by mechanical means until the sealant has fully cured.
5. After sealant has cured rinse with warm water and refill, then check pH twice during the next 24 hours before stocking with fish.
LIMITATIONS: Aquarium tanks larger than 30 gallons (113.5 liters) in size
require a permanent structural frame around the edges to ensure the integrity of
the tank and seals. For unsupported tanks of 30 gallons (113.5 liters) or less,
the glass must be supported by mechanical means until the sealant has fully
cured. Make certain that all of the sealant is fully cured before filling tank
with water, otherwise damage to the structural integrity, or injury to the fish
TechnologyLK have no control over the design and the
intended capacities of aquariums to be constructed or re-sealed by the user. It
is the responsibility of the user to determine the suitability of the product
for the intended use, and assume all risk and liability in connection therewith.